please help me have a high self esteem.... what do i do
- stop doubting compliments. accept them. embrace them.
- accept your flaws as indicative of a normal personality and not something unique to you (everyone has flaws. everyone.)
- trust that your friends are your friends because they like you and genuinely enjoy you, not because they take pity on you.
- identify what you’re good at. enjoy being good at it. take pride in your work when you’ve done it well.
- don’t sell yourself short, ever, not even by tagging your own posts with “shut up no one cares” or “this is just rambling idk” it’s transparently insecure. respect yourself.
- confidence builds itself. people respond well to confidence, academics and work respond well to confidence, even physicality responds well to confidence; and when things respond well to you, you become even more confident. it just keeps getting better.
- at the same time, understand your own limits. i am a really confident person but i know for a fact i’m no good at a lot of physical activities. my confidence isn’t going to take a hit if i try to shoot some hoops and miss all of them. be reasonable about the expectations you place on yourself.
- everyone struggles with self-love at some point in their life. do you really want to live your life hating yourself? why? why would you waste your time on that kind of thinking? i promise life is vastly better once you realize you’re a perfectly normal person who deserves happiness just as much as any other normal person